Monday, January 11

January 11, 2010 at 7:48 pm (General Life Updates)

The weekend was pretty uneventful. Friday at work was busy as usual, though not frantic. I got all the things on my list done on Thursday. Friday night I watched that entire mini-series (called The Tinman), and it was pretty good. I should have known that if it was good I wouldn’t want to stop and finish it later, so I was up pretty late.

Slept in on Saturday and then hung out with the family, eventually falling asleep on the couch in a weird position and sleeping almost all afternoon while K put K2 to nap after the kids played for a few hours and then he and P watched TV while I snored. It was awesome. Other than sleeping, the main activity on Saturday was eating. Saturday night I prepared my sharing time lesson for Sunday and felt ok about it.

Sunday, we went to church. We sure are enjoying it being a little later. Sleep in, breakfast, getting ready leisurely instead of frantic. Primary was the smoothest for me so far – I conducted and did Sharing Time for the first time all by myself and it wasn’t horrible. I got a few things out of order, took too long for my lesson and didn’t leave the music ladies enough time, but over all it wasn’t too bad. Nice to have it done. We went home, had lunch, and hung out for an hour or so until we headed up to Monument for dinner.

Oh, wait, I forgot about the most interesting event of the day. Right before church, I wasn’t feeling well so I figured I was hungry and I ate a quick sandwich thin pb & honey. Not much honey or pb, and I ate it pretty fast. Then, as we got in the car I was feeling worse and worse, and as we were driving out of the neighborhood I’m wondering if I’m going to have to puke on the side of the road. Tried to breathe through it. But then, sure enough, “K pull over right there!” I managed to whisper, and then I got out and puked on the curb at the edge of a field. At least it wasn’t in front of someone’s house. It was awful, standing there, holding my dress up, trying not to let it spatter on my heels or get in my hair. When I finally got back in the H3, K said that P had asked when I was going to get done puking and get back in the car. He wanted to know if he needed to take me home and drop me off, and I said I thought I was ok now. I did feel better, for a while. He also wanted to know if I was going to have barf breath. Um, probably. But I had gum with me so all was well. I felt kind of icky the rest of the day, but I’d never had to upchuck on the side of the road before.

Today, K graciously took P to school for me, so I slept in until 9:30. There wasn’t time to work out after that, so I’m going to run/walk tonight after the kids are in bed. Though I don’t want to. Work today was super-busy. Dinner was a unique concoction of K’s that turned into some pretty yummy burritos.

And now the kids are watching Toy Story and we’re eating some leftover cinnamon bread from the freezer from the last time we ordered pizza. P did her homework while I was at the office today, for once.

Tomorrow there’s not much going on, but there are some different things this week. Wednesday night I have a Primary presidency meeting, to which I’ll have to have a ride and take the kids. Should be interesting. Thursday, I’m meeting with my friend, K, to have lunch at her house and watch a DVD about her latest nutritional program. I love listening to her and getting advice from her about nutrition, though I can’t always afford to take her advice.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: