Hump Day almost Finished

January 6, 2010 at 9:11 pm (Daily Workouts/Eats, General Life Updates)

Today has been a pretty good day. Started off tough with getting up to get P to school. Last night when I went to bed around 11:20 after watching a silly TV movie on the DVR, I had a KILLER headache. You’d think I would have turned the TV off sooner, but no, I kept watching as the headache got progressively worse. When I turned the TV off, I laid down and tried not to move my head, my eyeballs, or a muscle. It took a couple hours, but the headache went away as I dozed, and it was gone this morning. But the worrying every time I work up that the headache would come back when I stood up or moved had me not sleeping very well.

So, P to school. Scriptures read. Thought about going back to sleep, but made myself get up and get K2 up. We had breakfast, him some yogurt, banana, and me a green shake and toast w/ PB. Then I spent almost an hour on the computer trying to convince myself to work out before going to the office. I stood up to go get changed into workout clothes and told myself I was too tired. Then I told myself I was only going to be more tired when I got home from work, so now was the time.

So I changed. And worked out. And it was a great workout – shaky, sweaty as usual with T-Tapp.

Only left myself enough time to get ready for work after that, which I did. The fam took me to the office, where I was just kind of sad to be. And stressed out about how much they expect me to do. But grateful I have a job and that they let me work what I want to instead of firing me for refusing to work full-time. I got into the groove and got a lot done, and I have some stuff I’m going to work on at home tomorrow to get a few more hours.

On the way home, we stopped at Vitamin Cottage, where I finally got to buy a prenatal vitamin. I also bought some more vitamins for the kids (different kind this time – not gummies), and some vanilla whey protein powder. Same brand as the greens and whey, but there aren’t any warnings on the label about pregnancy and I assume it won’t have the same weird taste that the greens and whey had since its just plain vanilla. The kids wanted to buy the kid-squeeze bottles of Lifeway kefir, but I convinced them to let me buy a bottle of it at about half the price for twice the product. I love going there and buying stuff that will help us be healthier – even if its just in my head. I know people have differing opinions about multi-vitamins.

We got home and K made a delicious dinner of pan-sauteed chicken w/ mushrooms & yellow pepper, which I put on top of romaine lettuce and some homemade dressing (balsamic vin, olive oil, squirt honey, Mrs. Dash). I also had about 1/3 cup of his butter noodles and a big serving of steamed brocolli. It was a wonderful dinner. I don’t even like peppers and I only half-like mushrooms. But that on top of my salad was fabulous tonight.

Since dinner, I’ve had a few swallows (probably 8 oz, who am I kidding) of kefir, a bowl of yogurt, berries, and hot chocolate powder, and some water. I’m going to put the kids down momentarily now that P’s homework is done, baths are taken, and pjs are on, and bedtime snacks are eaten. While the kids were in the bathtub, I was quite productive putting away 2 loads of laundry and tidying our room which was quite a mess on all the horizontal surfaces. Dishes are done, so I’ll probably watch TV upstairs before going to bed to stay away from the kitchen. I think a key to not getting another headache will be to leave a light on in the room and not watch TV in the dark.

Well, tomorrow I thought I was going to have a Primary presidency meeting, but its been cancelled. So I’m not sure what I’ll do tomorrow. Probably some laundry and some cleaning upstairs. Some sweeping downstairs. Maybe some cleaning down here also. K’s trying to get a handle on the disaster that is our garage, I can only reciprocate by keeping our house as nice as possible. Oh, maybe I’ll get the mojo to tackle this huge stack of paperwork here by my computer that is probably at least a quarter junk.

Feel like I’m getting better at the night-time eating thing, but still struggling a little to keep from munching. 193.5 this morning. Worked out 3 days in a row now. I’d like to do two more days of T-Tapp before doing something else to get 4 days in a row, which is supposed to be key with T-Tapp for muscle memory and recognition. So, hopefully T-Tapp tomorrow and Friday morning. Going to have green oats in the morning with my new protein powder in the used-up jar of Naturally More peanut butter. Yum.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: