Wow, well-laid plans and all that

June 19, 2009 at 9:22 pm (Daily Workouts/Eats, General Life Updates)

Today went almost COMPLETELY different than I laid out in my post earlier today.

K got home from work and on the spur of the moment I asked if he wanted to go to the store with us for groceries since we rarely do anything as a family these days with how much he works. He upped my bid with a “how about we go out to eat?” another thing we rarely do since money is so tight. But today was payday, and it would be such a treat to go and WITH my husband, so we went to Red Robin. I ate too much, and wasn’t even sure I enjoyed it that much. But it was a lesson learned to stick with what I KNOW I like, which is the salad I almost got. Hindsight.

After lunch, we stopped by the bank for me to deposit a check I’d been carrying around for a few days for some MK stuff that I’d sold. Then on the way home I realized I didn’t really have a good list for grocery shopping, and that’s a disaster waiting to happen. So we went home, K put K2 to bed, and then put himself to bed while I made a list and then loaded up P to go back out. She and I took our time, she picked out a purchase she was going to make with her very own money. I got most of the things on my list, plus one (more on that later), and then we headed home.

On the way home I realized that if I got changed REALLY fast and got right to it, I had time to do T-Tapp Tempo2 Intermediate before I’d have to get ready for my niece’s b-day party. So that’s what I did. The workout was great, sweated buckets, and then hopped in the shower right away. Even with a cool shower I was still sweating a little when I got out, which I hate, but I sucked it up and got ready as quickly as possible. Got P ready. Went in and got K2 ready, woke up K on our way down the stairs, and went to the party.

It was fun, conversation with my SIL’s and MIL, some good food (which I managed not to overeat), and the kids always have a blast all together. We got home around 8:20, so I put them straight to bed (that takes about 20 minutes) and now I’m writing this post!

So, I didn’t do a whole bunch of things on my list for today. But it was a good day. I didn’t have an afternoon snack to make up for my overindulgence at lunch (at least a little). And I finally bit the bullet and bought myself my reward for hitting 200 (5 pounds ago, at least until last night’s binge), a pretty pink and clear glass ring with sterling silver that looks sparkly and pretty. I suppose an expert would know its not real, but I don’t care because it sparkles. It wasn’t very expensive at Walmart and since I earned it almost 3 weeks ago I felt it was about time. 🙂 Yay! I wore it tonight and couldn’t stop looking at it. 

I’ve decided I’ll officially qualify for the 195 reward when I stay at or under 195 for a full week. Right now I’m bouncing around from 194 to 196 so its okay that I don’t have the money for my 195 reward right now.

Well, the RACE is in less than 10 hours. Oh boy! I’m very nervous. I have the kids’ clothes laid out, mine laid out (except for 2 articles of clothing that I’m washing last minute to wear because I didn’t even THINK about what I was going to wear until tonight). I’ve got to have us ready to go by a little before 6 so we can leave at 6, get downtown, park, walk to the starting point park, get checked in, etc. Race is at 7. oooooooohhhhh. Nerves.

Planning on going to bed as soon as I stick those clothes in the dryer. Hope I can get to sleep. Good luck me!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: