December 23, 2008 at 12:55 pm (Uncategorized)

Don’t really want to gross anyone out. But since it has been about 22 years since I’ve had a bug that actually made me puke, I thought I should document it. Yesterday morning, P came in my room at 6 AM saying her tummy hurt, and then proceeded to puke standing by my bed, and then some more on the top of the toilet in my bathroom as I tried to get her in there and puking in the appropriate receptacle. I changed her pajamas and put her back to bed. She came in my room and climbed in bed with me shortly after 7, and then around 7:30 she puked on my pillow, and then spattered puke everywhere as I swung her out of bed and toward the bathroom. And then she got a little of it actually in the toilet. Yay for small miracles.

After that I decided more sleep was unlikely considering my side of the bed was considerably wetter than it had been a few minutes previous. So we both got dressed and went downstairs, where I rocked her to sleep in the easy chair while making an appointment for her at the doctor’s. And then canceling it a few minutes later when I realized I’d have to pay $85 on the spot since I don’t have insurance anymore. $85 I didn’t have. After that, I laid down on the couch for some sleep of my own while she snoozed on in the chair.

About 11, I figured I should probably check on K2 and see if he wanted some breakfast. He hadn’t made any noise or squawked while I was downstairs with P, but I knew he must have woken up, even if he’d decided to go back to sleep. So I went and got him up and fed him breakfast, a really big one because he was understandably hungrier than normal.

The rest of the day was uneventful, except in the afternoon I started feeling squeamish myself. I hadn’t eaten much all day, just kind of had a bite of this or that. At first I thought I was just so hungry for something nutritious that I was feeling sick. So I kept trying to eat small portions of stuff. But it didn’t help. By the time K left for work at 5:30, I was feeling downright nasty. Every time I moved, picked one of the kids up, or bent over, the queasiness got worse.

K had made a roast in the crock pot that wasn’t done in time for us to eat before he left. It was supposed to be done at 6:30, but I knew there was no way I was going to be able to eat it. And the kids didn’t seem to want it anymore than I did. I made some scrambled eggs, thinking that would fill K2 up at least, and P had some too. I had maybe 3 bites and had to call it quits.

The kids took a bath and I put them down, all while trying to move as little as possible and slowly. I canceled our lunch/brunch with another family that was supposed to be today and speculated with my friend the mom as to what could be causing this. Food from the ward party Friday night? Possible, but improbable considering it had been more than 48 hours since then.

I kept my miserable self up until 11, when I turned the TV off and went upstairs and went to bed fully clothed because I couldn’t get warm. And then at about 11:30, I barely made it out of bed in time to get to the toilet and upchuck. Big time. So violently that it splashed out of the toilet boil and down the sides, onto the floor, splattered onto my velour pajama pants and bare feet.

After about 5 or 6 heaves, the last of them being dry because there was nothing left, I thought I was done enough to start cleaning up. Good times.

I was back in bed by midnight, feeling surprisingly better with a totally empty stomach. Feeling stupid for all those bites of food I took trying to “fill up” since I thought I was just over-hunger.

Honestly, the last time I got sick was when I was pregnant with P almost 5 years ago. It only happened twice. Before that, it had been years since I’d puked – last time I remember I was 10 or 11 years old.

So this is a milestone. πŸ™‚ Not really, but I felt like writing it out. Hope I don’t gross anyone out too much. I assure you there are more details that I kept to myself. πŸ™‚

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas. I’m looking forward to spending time at my parents’ and with my husband since I *think* that he gets a day off somewhere in there.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: