Sunday – no church for 3rd week in a row

November 9, 2008 at 11:34 am (Daily Workouts/Eats, Plan)

It is very unusual for me to go so long without going to church. The only time is really right after I have had my babies. But I guess this kind of qualifies – right after I don’t have my baby. Today is stake conference, and I knew I wouldn’t be able to go by myself and handle them both for 2 hours on one meeting. And I knew I wouldn’t be able to get them ready, K up and ready, and myself ready in time by 10 am. So we’re still here.

Yesterday, the craft fairs were full of gorgeous jewelry that I wanted. But it was expensive jewelry. There were some other things that would have been fun to buy, if I’d had more than $5 in my pocket. So I shopped with my eyes and tried not to be sad about our constant state of broke-dom. It was nice to be with my parents for a few hours without the kids. We went to Schlotzky’s for lunch after the two fairs and then they took me back to my car at the first fair parking lot and I went home. I got home shortly after 2 and sat around being grumpy about my house looking like an explosion site until K left for work at 5. Then, I fed the kids the baked potatoes I had made and sat around some more. While I gave them a bath, I tried to weed through some of the toys (after taking them all upstairs so they were all in P’s room) and get rid of some of the garbage. I didn’t throw a lot away, but I think it makes a difference in the ridiculous clutter in her room. Only real toys remain. After their baths were finished, we came back downstairs and I vacuumed. So it doesn’t feel quite so awful down here now. Still needs to be dusted and the carpet shampooed and the edges vacuumed, but it is a few steps cleaner right now. The toys are almost all upstairs, so I’m going to have to figure something out to bring some down here or let them go upstairs to play.

Yesterday and today I read through my blog archives to do some research on whether or not my plan of fasting, AN days, and working out was actually a successful plan. And it would seem that it was. The things that stalled my progress were 1) staying up too late, 2) eating while staying up too late, 3) eating poorly and too much when coming off a fast, 4) not fully complying with AN days or full-length fasts, 5) missing workouts. So basically, when I didn’t follow the program, I didn’t make progress. Makes sense.

So now it is just a matter of deciding when I’m going to start again. I think I’ll start this coming week with the fasts and AN days, and wait until the next week to start working out. If I feel up to it I’ll do some 15 minute workouts.

I’m also starting a list of the items that need to be done in each room, organized by room, so that I can identify a few things on the list to do each day. Doesn’t have to be a lot, but knowing exactly what it is I ‘wanted to get done’ will help with feeling like I’m not getting it done. Because even I can’t expect myself to get it all done in one day, can I, especially with it all written down?

228 this morning. Ate a lot of unnecessary food last night.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: