November 4, 2008 at 11:37 am (Daily Workouts/Eats)

Thursday night, I went to be around 11:30. My alarm went off at 5:00 Friday morning, and I realized K wasn’t home yet. I went to the bathroom and peered out the window while doing my business, and he had just parked the car and was getting out. No sleep for K. I got ready. K’s sister, M, arrived at 5:30 as she promised and K and I headed to the hospital while she settled in on the couch to try and sleep until the kids woke up. We got about 5 minutes away when I realized I didn’t have my insurance card, so we turned around to get it, but I couldn’t find it at home either. Since I didn’t have time to waste turning the house upside down to locate it, I hoped they wouldn’t care at the hospital since I’d pre-registered, and we left again.

We got to the hospital shortly after 6, had the valet park our car and headed for outpatient surgery to sign in. They called me up within a few minutes and much to my relief didn’t care that I didn’t have my card since they already had all the information. In short order, we were led back to a room by a nurse where I was instructed to put on the hospital gown. We waited and soon nurses came in to put my IV in, ask me some questions. The nurse that put in my IV tried a vein on the back of my left hand, but as soon as she tried to stick it in I had a sharp pain all the way down my fingers and the vein disappeared. She hit a nerve – she ended up putting it in the side of my right wrist with a lot of apologies. And then a nurse to take me to the operating room. She wheeled me on my bed to the second floor to an old birthing room where we met with the doctor and the anesthesiologist. Then she wheeled me to where I said bye to K and they took me in to the bright white room where I transferred myself to the skinny operating table. I heard the anastesiologist say he was giving me something to relax and I started to feel tired right away. Closed my eyes.

The next thing I remember I was crying. I wasn’t sure where I was or what was happening, but I was crying. Then as I stopped I was in the recovery room. I gradually woke up and then they wheeled me back past the waiting area to pick up K and then back down to the first room where my clothes were. I slept, woke up, slept. A nurse came in to ask how I was doing and to say that my blood pressure was a little low still but that as soon as I felt up to it I could go home. She said I could stay and take a nap if I wanted, but I knew how uncomfortable K was and that he hadn’t had any sleep, so I got up soon after that to go in the bathroom and clean up and get dressed. I was bleeding a lot at that point, and in the bathroom some very big blood clots kind of freaked me out. But I got dressed and hobbled out so we could leave. They put me in a wheel chair and rolled me to the entrance where our car was waiting.

By the time we got home I was in some mild pain, but not too bad. I sat while M took care of the kids and K went to bed until my mom and dad arrived to pick us up. We loaded up, me very slowly and slightly bent over, and went to Walgreens to get my prescriptions. One was for anxiety and sleep and I decided not to get that one, and just filled the one for the pain. But they were an hour and a half behind, so we decided to get a couple toys for the kids and go to Monument and then go get the prescriptions. When we got to their house in Monument, we had lunch and put K2 down for a nap, which he didn’t like. But he soon fell asleep and Mom and I headed to Walmart to get drugs as I was in some more pain by then. At Wmrt, they said it would take about 30 minutes, so Mom got me one of those electronic seated carts and we did a little shopping while we waited. By the time we got back to the house it was almost 3 and I went to bed downstairs – P was busy coloring and having a grand time. It took me a while to get to sleep in the quiet, but I had a nice nap. Then we had some dinner and Mom and Dad took the kids to their ward trunk or treat, with P dressed as a pirate and K2 just bundled into a stroller. The whole day, my throat hurt really bad from the tube from the surgery.

Mom took us home around 8:30 and helped me put the kids to bed. Saturday morning, she came and got us again, after I’d done a few dishes and tidied up a bit. Just a bit though. We spent the day at her house watching the new Indiana Jones and just relaxing. She took us home after dinner around 7 and helped me put the kids to bed again. Sunday, I did nothing. K took P to church, and I did nothing. It was nice.

Monday, I took P to school and came home and went back to bed while I waited for K2 to wake up. But I woke up at 10:50 and he still wasn’t awake. I checked him to make sure he was okay, but he was just sound asleep. So I went and got P and when I got back he was still asleep so I woke him up. I fed him some breakfast and hung out for a little while, and when K was up I decided to go back to bed. I heard K put K2 down for a nap around 1:30, but K2 didn’t cry for long. And then I slept until 3:30 dead to the world. I got up shortly before K2 woke up, K and P were out running errands but arrived soon after K2 got up.

We had dinner early because K was leaving for work at 5. Then, I sat around trying to keep the kids happy without doing anything until I could give them baths and put them to bed. I was up until about 11:30, because I wasn’t sleepy after all that napping.

Today, I took P to school and came home and laid down again. But this time I couldn’t justify the avoidance of life that I partook in on Monday. So I got up and put away all the clean clothes upstairs while I waited for K2 to wake up. I went through the pile of once-worn clothes on the table in our room, and sorted the huge pile of dirty laundry on the floor. Then I heard K2, so I changed his clothes and diaper (it is a rare night that his diaper doesn’t leak through during the night), and then came downstairs and fed him breakfast. Then I had breakfast after loading the wet laundry into the dryer and starting a new load. And now I’m sitting here.

That is kind of a clinical account, but its a lot and I don’t have time to write down more details. Today, I’ve set a few goals of what I’m going to get done. I’m trying not to set myself up to do too much, but to feel like I’ve accomplished something. So in addition to putting away all that laundry and tidying the clothes-table, I’m going to do the dishes and clean the kitchen, sweep and mop the kitchen area, wash the downstairs toilet, and put away the rest of the clean clothes on the couch and from the load in the dryer and washer. Then, I’ll do a few more things tomorrow. Also, tomorrow I have my work going-away luncheon at McKenzies at midday.

I’m going to try and do a bit each day and not tell myself I have to organize and clean everything in one or two days. I also need to set a limit on my computer time, since I can waste a lot of time sitting here.

Oh, and I’ve also managed to alienate my sister-in-law and am going to have to apologize profusely and swallow my pride. I left a short “I”m sorry” on her answering machine the same night I pissed her off, but I’m going to have to do better than that. Dangit.

228 the morning after surgery. Retaining water, anasthesia, etc, I would think. Slowly going down, 227.5, 226.5 and today 226. But I’m assuming I’ll level out now, so I have to think of a plan for weight loss. Now that I’m not pregnant I might as well try and lose more weight before I get pregnant again, if I do.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: